Employee generated content (EGC) sounds great and many communications experts are ready to jump on board. It has a plethora of uses, from internal training to testimonials to connecting globally dispersed team members, to name a few. In practice though, EGC content can be easier to talk about than to actually create, especially video content. It may sound like a fantastic idea to management but be met with a lackluster employee response.
Lack of response from employees could be initiated by:
- Camera shyness
- Questions about what to say
- Feeling awkward or forced when following a script
- Being too busy and not feeling they can prioritise the task over their other work
- Uninterested in the prompt
- Assuming someone else will take care of it
Even if you can motivate your employees, it can also be difficult to capture good content, due to:
- Poor sound and lighting
- Long-winded responses
- A bad setting
- Unclear topic or prompt
- Incorrect camera orientation
- Subjects who are ill at ease
How do you circumvent these issues?
- Consider being inclusive in the topic creation process. Hold a workshop or ask for idea submissions from various teams
- Create a clear and concise project brief to let all participants know exactly what the video is about and for what purpose it will be used for
- Assign specific tasks to specific people
- Provide direct feedback on how to capture quality video with a smartphone
- Utilise professional editing services to create your final product
- Share the final video with everyone to see what their hard work created!
The right EGC tool for you
CREWSTUDIO app should be your go-to tool for managing and executing EGC video projects.
- Easy to use interface makes it accessible to all types of users
- Write your brief and set tasks with the professional guidance of wtv.
- The built-in task list removes the stress of not knowing what types of content to submit and helps drive your message
- On-screen filming tips ensure the videos submitted are top quality
- Submitted content is stored on a secure server
- All clips are professionally curated and edited by wtv. to create a high-quality EGC video for your communications
- Cost-effective. Projects start at just CHF2,500